My intention is that this blog be a collection of Islamic reminders for myself and fellow Muslims. Having said that, non-Muslims are very welcomed. But my assumption is that the reader knows and understands the basics of Islam,
Some people say Islam practised in a certain place or by a certain group is different than Islam practised somewhere else.
Maybe … maybe there are some slight differences. But, why focus on the differences?
- Do we not believe in the absolute oneness of God or Allah?
- Do we not love and follow Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu ‘alayhi wassallam) in everything?
- Do we not perform salah 5 times daily? (some of us anyway)
- Do we not fast in Ramadhan?
- Do our women not wear hijab?
- Do we not stay away from drinking alcohol? Gambling? Sex outside of marriage? and so on …
So many similarities. A few differences.
Respect those who have different opinions! Don’t judge. Leave that to Allah, the Supreme Judge.
Don’t fight because of some small differences. Unite because we believe La ilaha illallah, Muhammadur Rasulullah.
At the risk of being called too simple-minded, I’m going to say it anyway …
O my brothers and sisters, let’s unite and be 1 ummah …